Michael Janz, Brisbane Celebrant is open for weddings. Yes, I’m still taking new bookings and performing weddings while adhering to the current Covid-19 restrictions.
I’m also doing everything possible to help couples whose dream wedding has been affected by the restrictions.
In some cases, we are proceeding with a 5-person wedding on the planned date. A number of these couples are planning for me to conduct a renewal of vows/commitment ceremony later in 2020 or 2021.
Many couples have elected to move their date to later in 2020 or 2021. I’m not charging extra fees for date changes. I’ve really appreciated couples trying to match my availability with other wedding vendors.
With the many changes, I’d strongly encourage couples planning to get married late this year or next year to book their venue, celebrant and photographer as soon as possible. The impact of the Covid-19 restrictions means I have more dates booked for 2021 than I would normally have at this stage of the year. I’m sure many other popular venues, celebrants and photographers would have less availability than is usually the case.
To ensure the health and well-being of everyone concerned, I’m taking some precautions.
• Online meetings ie Skype, FaceTime and Zoom are now also available for local couples (in addition to interstate and overseas based couples)
• When planning meetings, please advise if you haven’t been feeling well or have arrived from overseas within the last 2 weeks, in which case we will need to meet online.
• As a marriage Celebrant, I ensure social distancing is practiced throughout meetings.
• With current restrictions, I am not shaking hands.
• Before, after and between every meeting we will wash and sanitize our hands.
• When meetings are held at my home office, I use sanitizers and/or antibacterial wipes to clean tables and chairs before and after every meeting.
• Any pens and other items used during meetings are cleaned with sanitizers and/or antibacterial wipes.
• I am arriving for weddings around 30 minutes prior during current restrictions.
• If we are using a microphone during the ceremony, I will sanitize this before and after use.
• I have hand sanitizer available for use, and personally use this frequently.
• Unfortunately, I am not shaking hands with or hugging couples or guests.
• For the Signing:
o Separate sanitized pens are provided for the couple and each witness,
o To minimize time the witnesses are in contact with paperwork, witnesses’ names are pre-printed on legal documents,
o Post it tags are being used to indicate where and who needs to sign each document,
o Tablecloths from signing tables are hot washed after every ceremony.